Quitting smoking can be a tough habit to overcome, but with the right tools and mindset, it can be done faster than you think. Whether it’s your first time trying to quit or your tenth, making the decision to put down the lighter is good progress. Consider this article your first step to making a change in your life for the better.
If you truly want to successfully quit smoking, you must remind yourself why you decided to give it up in the first place. We all know smoking kills, but how? Have a look at what health practitioners say:
● Smoking can increase the chances of a stroke by 2-4 times which can inevitably lead to brain damage and death. Chemicals in cigarette smoke also increase the chances of cardiovascular disease.
● Studies have shown that smoking can reduce bone density and strength.
● Lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are a few of the most common conditions in the US that are smoking related.
● Last but not the least, the risk for mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder and lung cancer are all additional dangers of smoking.
So anytime you catch yourself picking up your keys to drive to the convenience store to grab a new pack, ask yourself “why did I quit in the first place?” and stop right there.
Nevertheless, nicotine withdrawal do exist and can be severe for those who have been smoking for a while now. Symptoms of withdrawal include anxiety, depression, insomnia, restlessness, difficulty focusing, nausea and headaches. Therefore one way to begin your journey to stop smoking without going cold turkey can be done with the help of vaping.
Studies show that those who use vapes are more likely to quit smoking than those who use nicotine patches or placebos.
How does vaping help?
● Vapes do not produce any smoke or cancer-producing toxins as it does not include tobacco.
● Whether you’re buying a pack a day or every few days, your expenses on cigarettes tend to add up to around $2000-$4000 every year. Whereas a beginner vape (which is a one-time purchase) is typically around $10-$40 depending on what kind you want.
● Juice (e-liquid, which should last you a week or two at least) ranges from around $10-$20. However if you check on Dragon Vape’s store right now, you may be able to find yourself a bottle of e-juice for as low as $4.50!
● Vape juice comes in a variety of flavours, therefore you will no longer have to worry about the stench or bad breath that comes with smoking.
● Vaping does not interfere with breathing and physical activity has given the absence of tobacco and smoke.
Keep in mind, vaping is not risk-free. Many vaping juices contain nicotine. If you have never smoked before, don’t start or else vaping may spark a nicotine addiction.
Nicotine can impact brain development among youth as well as increase chances of lung damage. Therefore, ensure you are well informed about the vape and juice you are purchasing and that they are of premium quality.
Dragons Vape: Get the best vapes and e-juice today
Dragon Vapes is one of Canada’s top and most reliable vape stores, offering a variety of vaping products ranging from starter kits for those beginning their vape journey, to pens, mods and a variety of juice flavours and salt nic flavours.
We’ve got six retail locations around the GTA and offer same day shipping. Check out our selection at dragonvape.ca to begin your journey of quitting smoking!